Found Character #4 Zukugallu the Feathered Fury

 

Inspiration 

Today I decided to develop a system to find my character. After taking 3 pictures of clouds while walking across campus. After that I sketched all of them onto a sheet of paper, merging different lines to get new shapes. 




Once I finished doing that, I discovered two characters immediately. One was shaped like a dog while the other had a bird like outline. I eventually decided to go with the bird. 











Sketches 

Zukugallu takes inspiration from the Mesopotamian god Quetzalcotal. its design is a cross between a tropical bird and a dragon. Its wings are vibrant like macaw appearing a variety of colors usually shades of red. 





 Zukugallu is known to breathe fire and command large tornados at will. During this boss fight Zukugallu will use a variety of wind-based attacks and begin using fire if its health is low enough. The player can only battle Zukugallu at the Sky bound Sanctum during sun rise. This fight can be initiated by using the Sunwing Sigil at the temple's altar.





Theory/Head height


While sketching I changed the head height through different perspectives. In the forward-facing sketch I had to draw his head wide to capture on the details in the front facing position thus making things like the horns, nose, and eyes more visible. In the backwards facing sketch I did the opposite with more emphasis on Zukugallu's tail and back. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #7: Diffusion of Innovations - Hip Hop

Street Fighter 6 Spead Sheet

Found Character #6 Glide -Eye